Terms and Conditions
- By registration or attendance at The Learning Lab, LLC events, all registrants and/or attendees agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Learning Lab, LLC, its controlling persons, Officers, Instructors, Employees and their successors from any and all personal injury and property damage claims and resulting judgments and expenses made by or on behalf of the registrant.
- You may substitute another person at any time without incurring any additional charges. Please contact our office or email us with this information
- Our facility
- We are located at 2228 Conowingo Road in Bel Air Maryland
- Our 15000 SF facility specializes in insurance restoration services. There is plenty of parking in the front of the building. We are 42 miles from BWI Airport (50 minutes) and 70 miles south of PHL Airport (78 minutes)
- Smoking—if you must- there is smoking at the back of the building. Please use our receptacle there.
- Some of our classes have active participation in them. We may make several trips downstairs to our warehouse facility. For those who may have difficulty with stairs, we do have a stair lift available for access to the class room.
- We provide a light breakfast in the mornings and for classes that cover the full day, we offer lunch. Foods are locally prepared and brought into our facility and served buffet style in our kitchen area. Beverages and snacks in the afternoon, if you’re good. Unfortunately we can not accommodate everyone’s dietary differences, so special meals will be your responsibility.
- Our expectations of Students:
- Classes cost money and we have limited time!
- Please respect others by minimizing talking during class
- Please turn off cell phones
- Please refrain from leaving and returning to the class area to make phone calls. This is disruptive to the class
- Safety is always a concern for our instructors and students. There are fire exits to the front and rear of the building and an alarm system for fire detection.
- Classes cost money and we have limited time!
- Media Release Form
- By submitting the registration form, I grant permission to the Learning Lab LLC to use my image (photographs and/or video) for use in publications including videos, email blasts, recruiting brochures, newsletters, and magazines and to use my image in electronic versions of the same publications or on the Learning Lab website or other electronic forms of media. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the image.
- Cancellation policy:
- If The Learning Lab Cancels a class:
- Most classes require a minimum of 10 students. On the off chance the minimum is not met, your class may be cancelled. Every attempt will be made to notify you in advance.
- If there is a fee for the class, the tuition will be refunded.
- The Learning Lab LLC may cancel course offerings with prior notice and issue a full refund to registrants. While this is a very rare occurrence, some courses require minimum attendance for certain class applications, etc. As you may know, there is a limited availability of accredited instructors. In the event that one of these certified instructors cancels for any reason, we may exercise the option of retaining another instructor that may be available to us, but different from our original instructor roster. Certified instructors may get sick or have emergencies or other circumstances beyond our control. The Learning Lab LLC does not accept responsibility for any losses you might incur for non-refundable airline tickets or other non refundable travel arrangements.
- There is a $50 fee for cancellation of IICRC classes
- There are no refunds for classes cancelled by you ten days or less prior to the class.
- There is no refund for no shows.
- IICRC testing fees are not included in class fees. Register for testing through the IICRC website
- If The Learning Lab Cancels a class:
IICRC approved courses must follow IICRC policies. These policies include student requirements to be in class the entire time, on camera the entire time (if the course is live-streamed), viewed on a computer or tablet, not a phone (if the course is live-streamed), and the students must not be doing other work including but not limited to driving, working out, talking on the phone, or any activity that would distract other students to be eligible to take the certification exam after class. If a student does not meet these IICRC policies, and additional policies communicated in these terms, or on event pages, or communicated during classes, they will not be allowed to take the certification exam following the IICRC course. By registering and attending an IICRC approved course, you agree to these course policies.
- Other courses offered by The Learning Lab such as Claims Training Services courses, have course policies that must be followed. Specific course policies will be communicated in these terms, on course registration pages, confirmation emails and/or by the instructor during the course or presentation.
- If you fail to meet course requirements to be eligible for an exam, you will not receive a refund or credit for another course.
- If a student does not pass a course exam, they are not entitled to a refund or credit. We may, but are not obligated to offer a credit to the student for a future course.
- The course instructor may change at any time without prior notice.
- Students may be moved to another course date at any time.
- We reserve the right to update or adjust classes, courses, or events at any time. Including, but not limited to pricing, cancellation policy, event start and end date and ties, location of event, including in-person or live-stream events, canceling events, changing event instructor or presenter, or any updates to event materials.
- If a student is distracting other students, using inappropriate language, not following course policies, or is causing issues that the instructor cannot properly instruct, the student will be removed from the course, they will be given an explanation in writing and are not entitled to a refund for the course. If they are removed from the course, they will not be eligible to take the course exam.
Regarding class live-stream classes:
- You will be registered prior to the class on Zoom; you should have this program loaded and the link to the class available to you.
- You will be emailed class outlines prior to the class, which will be your responsibility to print out PRIOR to the class and to follow along and study. It is critical that you print these out and study these as the class is taught so that you can use it as a reference
- Pay attention. IICRC requires monitoring by us during the class. Make your calls during breaks, not during class. You must be in front of a laptop during the class. Driving during the class is not an option. Pay attention and be attentive during the class. Monitors will give you several chances to comply, but understand there are limits. You can be blocked from the class if there is continued inattention during the class. There is no refund option for that should that occur.
- To participate in our live-streamed classes, please take note of the following important information and requirements:
- You must have a computer with video and audio capabilities.
- You must have access to a strong, stable internet connection.
- You must fill out the IICRC Candidate Agreement form and pay for your exam as soon as possible, but in any event no later than 2 days prior to the class.
- When paying your exam fees, you will be asked to upload a piece of photo ID for face recognition during the exam.
- The IICRC will send you a payment confirmation email.
- Live-stream participants will have 45 days from the last date of the course to take the exam.
- We ask that you log into the class approximately 30 minutes prior to the start time to ensure your technology is working and to be present for attendance and policy review.
- The Learning Lab is not responsible for ensuring your internet connectivity or for any problems accessing a live-streamed class due to connectivity problems. No refunds will be issued for any reason including connectivity problems. You can test your system capabilities in advance by visiting zoom.us/test.
- Please do not have more than 1 device in the room, this brings background noise and your questions and required participation cannot be understood.
- Review and confirmation of the above requirements (including all system requirements) is the responsibility of the student registering for the online courses.
Rules for the online classroom:
1. Be On Time For Class
One of the most important online classroom rules is to be on time for class. Students may feel a little more relaxed or may sleep in a little later while learning from home, but being late for class can be very disruptive to online classes. Be sure to tell students to be at their desks and logged in 5 minutes before class starts so they are ready to start the class on time.
2. Dress Appropriately
A virtual classroom is still a classroom and so students, should dress professionally. Things like pajamas, offensive t-shirts, etc are not allowed in the online classroom.
3. Choose Your Study Space
Students should set up their study space in a quiet place away from distractions. For example, students should not place their laptop in a place where their parents and other family members may be walking around and talking in the background. This can be very distracting for all students in a virtual classroom.
4. No Eating Or Drinking
eating is prohibited in the online classroom. Yep, no one want to hear someone else chew their celery over the internet.
5. One At A Time
If everyone is talking at once, it is very hard to hear and to be heard by other students. To make sure everyone can participate and be heard, tell students that they should speak one at a time, and if another student is talking, they should listen. If necessary, students can mute microphones until it is their time to speak.
6. Be Prepared
Just like classes in a normal classroom, students need to come prepared for class when learning online. This means being prepared with outlines or study guides, a pencil and paper for taking notes, and any assignments/homework from previous lessons and a calculator.
7. No Phone Calls During Class. Please Make Your Calls During Break.
8. Raise Your Hand
Online classes have their challenges- make it your goal to stay engaged by answering questions and addition your experiences, provided it is on topic and you are not commandeering discussions
9. Respect And Encourage Each Other
Students must listen, respect, and encourage other students in the class.
10. Have Fun
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
- Your Access to and Control Over Information
- You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website: See what data we have about you, if any. Change/correct any data we have about you; Have us delete any data we have about you; Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for https at the beginning of the address of the web page.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Registration: In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
- Orders: We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (if needed; credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, well use this information to contact you.
- Links; This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
- Surveys & Contests: From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.