Terms and Conditions:
- By registration or attendance at The Learning Lab, LLC events, all registrants and/or attendees agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Learning Lab, LLC, its controlling persons, Officers, Instructors, Employees and their successors from any and all personal injury and property damage claims and resulting judgments and expenses made by or on behalf of the registrant.
- You may substitute another person at any time without incurring any additional charges. Please contact our office or email us with this information
- Class Size
- Class sizes are limited by Prometric guidelines and are subject to availability, etc. All class registrations are based on our policy stated above.
- Our facility
- We are located at 2228 Conowingo Road in Bel Air Maryland
- Our 15000 SF facility specializes in insurance restoration services. There is plenty of parking in the front of the building. We are 42 miles from BWI Airport (50 minutes) and 70 miles south of PHL Airport (78 minutes)
- Smoking—if you must- there is smoking at the back of the building. Please use our receptacle there.
- Some of our classes have active participation in them. We may make several trips downstairs to our warehouse facility. For those who may have difficulty with stairs, we do have a stair lift available for access to the class room.
- We provide a light breakfast in the mornings and for classes that cover the full day, we offer lunch. Foods are locally prepared and brought into our facility and served buffet style in our kitchen area. Beverages and snacks in the afternoon, if you’re good. We will make every effort to work with dietary restrictions. However, if such restrictions or alternates are not readily available, special meals will be your responsibility. See the food section in the registration for additional information.
- Our expectations of Students:
- Classes cost money and we have limited time!
- Please respect others by minimizing talking during class
- Please turn off cell phones
- Please refrain from leaving and returning to the class area to make phone calls. This is disruptive to the class
- Safety is always a concern for our instructors and students. There are fire exits to the front and rear of the building and an alarm system for fire detection.
- Media Release Form
- By submitting the registration form, I grant permission to the Learning Lab LLC to use my image (photographs and/or video) for use in publications including videos, email blasts, recruiting brochures, newsletters, and magazines and to use my image in electronic versions of the same publications or on the Learning Lab website or other electronic forms of media. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the image.
- Prometrics Requirements
- We pre-register classes with Prometrics. Occasionally, classes are audited by Prometrics.
- Fees: currently, there are no fees for attending agents who make regular referrals to Rainbow International
- If you are late or you depart early, you will not receive credit for the class.
- Cancellation policy:
- If The Learning Lab Cancels a class:
- Most classes require a minimum of 10 students. On the off chance the minimum is not met, your class may be cancelled. Every attempt will be made to notify you in advance.
- If there is a fee for the class, the tuition will be refunded.
- The Learning Lab LLC may cancel course offerings with prior notice and issue a full refund to registrants. While this is a very rare occurrence, some courses require minimum attendance for certain class applications, etc. As you may know, there is a limited availability of accredited instructors. In the event that one of these certified instructors cancels for any reason, we may exercise the option of retaining another instructor that may be available to us, but different from our original instructor roster. Certified instructors may get sick or have emergencies or other circumstances beyond our control. The Learning Lab LLC does not accept responsibility for any losses you might incur for non-refundable airline tickets or other non refundable travel arrangements.
- There is a $50 fee for cancellation of IICRC classes
- There are no refunds for classes cancelled by you ten days or less prior to the class.
- There is no refund for no shows.
- IICRC testing fees are not included in class fees. Please bring a credit card for these fees that will be given to the instructor.
IICRC approved courses must follow IICRC policies. These policies include student requirements to be in class the entire time, on camera the entire time (if the course is live-streamed), viewed on a computer or tablet, not a phone (if the course is live-streamed), and the students must not be doing other work including but not limited to driving, working out, talking on the phone, or any activity that would distract other students to be eligible to take the certification exam after class. If a student does not meet these IICRC policies, and additional policies communicated in these terms, or on event pages, or communicated during classes, they will not be allowed to take the certification exam following the IICRC course. By registering and attending an IICRC approved course, you agree to these course policies.
Other courses offered by The Learning Lab such as Claims Training Services courses, have course policies tha tmust be followed. Specific course policies will be communicated in these terms, on course registration pages, confirmation emails and/or by the instructor during the course or presentation.
If you fail to meet course requirements to be eligible for an exam, you will not receive a refund or credit for another course.
If a student does not pass a course exam, they are not entitled to a refund or credit. We may, but are not obligated to offer a credit to the student for a future course.
The course instructor may change at any time without prior notice.
Students may be moved to another course date at any time.
We reserve the right to update or adjust classes, courses, or events at any time. Including, but not limited to pricing, cancellation policy, event start and end date and ties, location of event, including in-person or live-stream events, canceling events, changing event instructor or presenter, or any updates to event materials.
If a student is distracting other students, using inappropriate language, not following course policies, or is causing issues that the instructor cannot properly instruct, the student will be removed from the course, they will be given an explanation in writing and are not entitled to a refund for the course. If they are removed from the course, they will not be eligible to take the course exam.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
- Your Access to and Control Over Information
- You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website: See what data we have about you, if any. Change/correct any data we have about you; Have us delete any data we have about you; Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for https at the beginning of the address of the web page.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Registration: In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
- Orders: We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (if needed; credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, well use this information to contact you.
- Links; This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
- Surveys & Contests: From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.